Re: Default Daily API Quota

Anonymous
Not applicable

Default Daily API Quota

I'm syncing Marketo campaigns with Salesforce.

off course i have API daily limitation in SF, so every time that i Exceeds the API limitation - the syncing stooped.

How can i limit the minimum default daily quota from 10,000 per day?

Thanks!

Guy

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Guy,

There are 2 API limits :

- In Marketo. Limit is 10000 a day.

- in SFDC. The daily minimum is 15000 for every instance, but in also depends on the number of users as well as the SFDC edition you are using (enterprise edition provide 1000 per user, Unlimited edition provides 5000 per user). You can go to Setup -> Company profile -> Company Information to know what your limit is.

The Marketo-SFDC sync does not consume any Marketo API call but is does consume your salesforce API. And I think that in your case this is the SFDC limit you are hitting.

You can ask Marketo support to reduce the number of syncs per hour between Marketo and SFDC. The default, I think, in every 5 minutes, but you can have it reduced to once every 15 minutes.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your explanation.

i'm surly going to check that with Marketo support.

Guy

Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Hi Guy

If you're using Salesforce, it's probably an API problem on the SFDC side. Reason I suspect this is that (from what I've heard from developers at my previous company) the sync between MKTO and SFDC is being handled by the SFDC API.

Opine_Consulti4
Level 2

Hi Guy,

Another thing you should look at is how you have setup Marketo to sync with SFDC.

For instance, if you are syncing Marketo Programs to SFDC Campaigns, that is much more efficient then if you are using the Add to SFDC Campaign/Update SFDC Campaign Status flow steps. Each of these flow steps takes an API call. The program to SFDC Campaign sync batches in with the other data sync which is why it is much more efficient.

Also, you shouldn't need to use the "Sync to SFDC" flow step very often. I've seen cases where this call is make frequently, again each one is it's own separate API call.

The last I checked, the base daily Marketo to SFDC API usage with the 5 minute sync interval is 7200. It goes up from there depending on your SFDC size and how efficiently you have setup your Marketo instance.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sheila