Date of birth on landing page comes through in wrong format to marketo database

Nejka_McGeachie
Level 2

Date of birth on landing page comes through in wrong format to marketo database

Hi guys,

I'm pretty confused by this one! I have a marketo landing page with a form asking for Date of birth. The calendar pops up, you choose your date but when it gets through to marketo database (if it comes through), it shows in opposite way - So we are in Australia and our date for example is 05/09/1981 (5 September), but marketo changes to 9th May. If I choose 19/05, nothing comes through (because it obviously can't convert). It's from marketo to marketo-how does this happen?? I know that it's the American way to write opposite but the point is that the form itself displays the correct date, it says dd/mm/yyyy as format.

If you log in through Sitecore which is our website platform and pop in the date in your account there, it comes through correctly and sits in marketo as dd/mm/yyyy.

Any suggestions how to fix that?

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Date of birth on landing page comes through in wrong format to marketo database

The proper way to send dates to any modern db (not just Marketo) is ISO 8601 format:

yyyy-MM-dd

For example

1981-09-05

This is understood in all locales.

You can display the date any way you want, but this is how the value should be sent to Marketo.