SOLVED

Re: Date filter for a date that has past (not specific date)

Go to solution
Brennan_McAdam2
Level 4

Date filter for a date that has past (not specific date)

This is making me crazy.  I have a date field in SFDC that I want to check if the date has occurred.  If that day has not transpired then it should be excluded.  If the date has transpired and it was missed by a few days the record should be included.
I can't figure out what filter setting to use even after reading the documentation at https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/marketo/using/product-docs/core-marketo-concepts/smart-lists...

So for example, if the date is 2 weeks from now, exclude.  If it was yesterday or even 2 weeks ago, include.  I know someone here has figured this out.

Screen Shot 2022-02-17 at 7.22.44 PM.png

Brennan McAdams
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Can you try using below filter logic?

Darshil_Shah1_1-1645204827540.png

Filter with in past before 0 days operator would return all people with date <= yesterday, i.e., date < today.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

“In future [n] <time units>” means the date is within the next [n] time units.

“In future after [n] <time units>” means the date is both in the future (generally) and least [n] time units in the future.

“In past” and “In past before” are the same concepts only looking backward.

You haven’t really provided the full context, but if you want to select people whose date is within the past, say, 7 days, you want “In past 7 days”, no?

Katja_Keesom

As far as I understand the question, it would be "in the past before now". Although I don't think Marketo will handle "now" very well, you should simply be able to use the "in past before" and add the time unit 1 minute and get what you want...

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But it’s not just “before now” as I read it, it’s “now or shortly before now, but not a long time before now.” Maybe this needs some more detail.

Darshil_Shah1

Agreed with Sandy, question's a bit foggy and surely we can use a bit more context/details. Maybe if you have a date after which and before today/this moment in time you wanna capture people you can combine "in past before" <say, 1 min> operator and the "or or after" / "after" <date> operator. In case if you don't have a specific date but have # of days you wanna look back from now, then you can simply use the "in past" <# days> operator. Can help with more details if needed! 🙂

Hope this helps.

Brennan_McAdam2
Level 4

I will try to clear up the question.

I am setting a date in which I am looking to check if the date has occurred when the smart campaign runs (batch job - daily).

If the date has passed, I want the record to be included in the batch job.  In SFDC this is simple, "date value < today".   

Brennan McAdams
Darshil_Shah1

Can you try using below filter logic?

Darshil_Shah1_1-1645204827540.png

Filter with in past before 0 days operator would return all people with date <= yesterday, i.e., date < today.

Brennan_McAdam2
Level 4

Thanks for the help.  I got this sorted with your help.  

Brennan McAdams