Re: Database numbers don't add up

Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

Database numbers don't add up

I pulled a complete list of all leads in our database. I then pulled 5 separate reports using only a single filter - one for each region we segment by and one with region IS EMPTY. Adding these up I get a different number than the DB number I get when I click on All Leads. Same happens for marketable leads - I get a different number when I add together all 5 than the marketable lead # given by Marketo. What gives?

4 REPLIES 4
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

First, perhaps try the refresh button located at the bottom of the screen before you hit export.

pastedImage_0.png

Also, how far are you out? A few or a few hundred or a few thousand?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, that will make a huge diff. The database is always shifting here.

Also, it sounds like your filters may be causing you issues, even though you tried to use Region IS EMPTY.

Samantha_McCol1
Level 3

THOUSANDS! I opened a support ticket bc something isn't right. I will refresh a few times just in case too. Thanks!

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

When you say "regions you segment by", do you mean you have set up a Marketo Segmentation using these criteria, or just that you are segmenting your leads as a typical internal business rule?

If the former, I suspect you could take a quick peek at the Segmentation tab for a bit more info.