SOLVED

Database Audit - Creating a list of engaged leads

Go to solution
stephdemandgen
Level 2

Database Audit - Creating a list of engaged leads

I'm doing an audit on my recently inherited Marketo instance and would like to see who's engaged in the last 90 and 180 days. I've started a smart list with email and form activity. What else should I add? 

Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 2.35.52 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Database Audit - Creating a list of engaged leads

I second Amanda's suggestions about including more filters around program channel updates to also identify people who took an action resulting in their program status change in Marketo (of course, it's imperative to have a setup around updating program status for your programs first), filled out your social forms in case you use those, etc.

For the Clicked Link in Email filter specifically, I want to mention to not rely a lot on it to determine if a record is engaged or not, as a lot of times these clicks are from email scanners. If you have the bot filtering feature turned on and are logging bot activities in your subscription, you might also want to include the "Is Bot Activity = False" constraint in the "Clicked Link in Email" filter.

Additionally, along with pulling the count of active/engaged records, you might also want to check how many of these active records are currently marketable - i.e., their Email Address is not empty, and their Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspended, Email Invalid, Block Listed fields are set to False. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have questions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Amanda_Reilly3
Level 3

Hello! I would also recommend anyone who has had a success status within a program in the past X days - anything that shows engagement with the brand but requires list uploads or offline tracking (for example tradeshows, events, 3rd party webinars, etc). Obviously there's pros/cons to this, but I think this would be important to me if I were pulling this report. If you're using fb/linkedin form fills, I would include those as well since they're not under an umbrella of the form fill filter.

Additionally, I'd include anyone who is on an open opportunity or had sales conversations if applicable. It's not necessarily marketing engaged, but will show people engaged with your brand/account generally speaking.

Amanda Reilly
Marketing Operations Consultant at Etumos
stephdemandgen
Level 2

Thank you! This is helpful

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I second Amanda's suggestions about including more filters around program channel updates to also identify people who took an action resulting in their program status change in Marketo (of course, it's imperative to have a setup around updating program status for your programs first), filled out your social forms in case you use those, etc.

For the Clicked Link in Email filter specifically, I want to mention to not rely a lot on it to determine if a record is engaged or not, as a lot of times these clicks are from email scanners. If you have the bot filtering feature turned on and are logging bot activities in your subscription, you might also want to include the "Is Bot Activity = False" constraint in the "Clicked Link in Email" filter.

Additionally, along with pulling the count of active/engaged records, you might also want to check how many of these active records are currently marketable - i.e., their Email Address is not empty, and their Unsubscribed, Marketing Suspended, Email Invalid, Block Listed fields are set to False. Hope this helps. Let us know if you have questions.

stephdemandgen
Level 2

Thanks for the suggestion about filtering out bot clicks. We turned this on recently.