Re: data.com vs. Hoovers vs. OneSource

Mark_Farnell
Level 5

data.com vs. Hoovers vs. OneSource

We're current users of data.com to clean and append account/lead/contact data.  We're reviewing them against Hoovers and OneSource and would be interested in the communities feedback on these three suppliers, or if indeed you would recommend someone completely different. 

Our challenges in this area are:
  1. Appending the correct industry and employee size information at a company level in order to assign leads and accounts to the right teams.
  2. Keeping new and existing account/lead/contact data fresh and up to date, automatically.  Typically name, industry, employees, website, contact data, job title, job fucntion.
  3. Providing a tool for my sales teams to confidently prospect for new accounts and contacts in industries and countries/territories.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You should try ReachForce for some of #2.

#1 will always win with Hoover's. I don't know about OneSource

#3 is LinkedIn, then Data.com, InsideView, or Zoom.

have you found Data.com helpful for #2? I haven't had much success with them. I'd rather pay for LI accounts for prospecting #3.
Mark_Farnell
Level 5

Our issue with keeping data up to date is getting the match in the first place.  We don't use any auto-clean settings in data.com currently so need to manually match each record first, which of course doesn't happen as it is (a) manual and (b) there are thousands of records.

I generally comfortable with the account data when it matches up as it is coming from the D&B side of data.com, but less convinced by the presonal information as it is coming from the crowd sourced Jigsaw side of data.com.

Will have a look at ReachForce - thanks for that.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are researching replacing OneSource with Data.com for international data.  ReachForce seems good, but only for form completions, not as robust for list imports.

Any feedback would be great - feel free to reach out directly as well ajensen@sourcefire.com
Anonymous
Not applicable

What did you end up going with Mark? We're primarily interested in #1 right now and have been using Jigsaw manually with good results over the past 12 months. It's been great in building lists, but I'm not a fan of automating data augmentation at $0.75 per name.

We used ZoomInfo a bit last year and data reliability was awful. I talked with Net Prospex recently, but don't know how good their data is?

Mark_Farnell
Level 5

Apologies for delay in replying - we went with OneSource.  Decision based on data quality (we think OneSource has an excellent variety of sources) price and the ability to set up news alerts.  Having said that, I do believe that data.com has a good USA product.