SOLVED

Re: Dashboard Background

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dashboard Background

Is it possible to change the background image for the My Marketo dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Eric,

The various background images are set in the UI and can't be customized, although they are changed to different photographs every few months or so.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grant_Booth
Level 10

Hi Eric,

The various background images are set in the UI and can't be customized, although they are changed to different photographs every few months or so.

Kim_Meyers
Level 4

Is there a story behind the pictures used in the backgrounds?

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yeah, I think it's time for a refreshed image of the "amusement park skyride" that's been on the homepage for at least six months now.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Out of curiosity, I did a little research and this is actually pretty easy to do with browser extensions, for example Firefox has one called Stylish that lets you write your own CSS rules:

Stylish :: Add-ons for Firefox

I believe Chrome has something similar.

Using your browser's element inspector to figure out the ID or class of what needs to be changed, you can edit the style of pretty much anything you want. Keep in mind that if you're seeing some UI performance problems in Marketo, after clearing your cookies and cache, you'll want to try disabling extensions like this one as well.

Here I use the element inspector to find the ID of the div where the background image is set:

ElementInspector.png

Here, I create a rule in Stylish to override that element's background-image property:

StylishRule.png

And here's the result in My Marketo: the background image that loads is of the moon Pandora from Avatar:

MyMarketo.png

Have fun, and remember to keep it SFW! But keep in mind that if you do this, you'll miss out on the new images we set to be the default background

Grant

Jamie-Carey
Level 6

Nice work Grant!

Grant_Booth
Level 10

Engage!

pastedImage_0.png

Philip_Tieu
Level 5