Re: Custom reporting

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom reporting

Is it possible to create a custom report that is based on all contacts and a number of specific segmented lists? I am looking to view all contacts in the database that fit certain criteria, such as the industry they are in. The closest I am seeing is altering the lead performance report, but is that based on "leads" only?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lindsay Meuse ,

Unlike Salesforce, Marketo doesn't differentiate between leads and contacts so that report should return your whole Marketo database. What are you using this groups for? One thing I've found helpful is to create segmentations: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Create+a+Segmentation for different criterias I often market to or are interested in (eg. geography, persona, industry, etc). These also give you a great snapshot of how many leads in your database fit the criterias at a given time and you can use them to create dynamic content.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can do one of two things as well:

• Lead Performance (as Wintha suggests), but this will only show a count. You would modify Setup and then the Smart List to filter on the people you want.
  • Smart List - if you want the database to show a list of people as well as the count, do this. This is the best way to get a clear "pivot table" or cross section with filters.