SOLVED

Re: Custom object tokens on a landing page break when sending link via Webhook?

Go to solution
Kirstin_Mahoney
Level 2

Custom object tokens on a landing page break when sending link via Webhook?

We are attempting to use custom object tokens on a Marketo landing page, which appear to work when we provide a link to the Marketo landing page in an email, however the tokens do NOT appear to work when we send a link to the Marketo landing page via a webhook (text message).

Any idea how to get this to work, or is there an explanation behind why this wouldn't work via SMS?

Thank you for any help or guidance that can be provided!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, first: no such thing as a Custom Object token. There are Velocity (Email Script) tokens, which only are only executed in the email rendering context, and which can access a lead's linked CO records via a Velocity List (which is a Java ArrayList).

Velocity code is not executed when you pass a Velocity {{my.token}} in a webhook request payload. You'll just see the name of the token instead.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, first: no such thing as a Custom Object token. There are Velocity (Email Script) tokens, which only are only executed in the email rendering context, and which can access a lead's linked CO records via a Velocity List (which is a Java ArrayList).

Velocity code is not executed when you pass a Velocity {{my.token}} in a webhook request payload. You'll just see the name of the token instead.

Kirstin_Mahoney
Level 2

Thank you Sanford - that makes complete sense now (I was not aware that using a token for custom objects is actually referred to as velocity - email scripts).