Re: Custom object date field token as a calendar file token

omarsanchez
Level 2

Custom object date field token as a calendar file token

Hello everybody!

I got an interesting use case. I got external info provided via API from a subscriber's appointment (date, details, address, email). To not create more DB fields thought that the best option will be to create a custom object with the details of the appointment since is going to be a "one-time thing". So one of the custom object fields is the appointment date. I'm able to drag it as a local program token but as an email script token.

Is there a way to convert this date field into a sendable calendar file? perhaps something with a Velocity script?

If you guys have a better workaround than using the custom object, any idea is helpful.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Custom object date field token as a calendar file token

I'm able to drag it as a local program token but as an email script token.

Do you mean "not" for one of those?

Anyway, if they're Custom Object fields, they can be accessed (only) in Velocity. You can't build a sendable file that way. But of course, Marketo's ICS {{my.tokens}} aren't attached as files, they're just links. So you can build an Agical link in Velocity using all the constituent parts. It's highly recommended.

If they were Program Member Custom Fields — which might be applicable here, I'm not sure, depends on whether there's one appointment per program and if you're using programs at all for this process — then potentially the corresponding {{program.tokens}} could be used in an ICS calendar {{my.token}}.