SOLVED

Re: .digital domain not accepted on form submission

Go to solution
Yavor_Todorov
Level 3

Custom JS not accepting .digital TLD on form submission

Hello,

we are promoting a webinar with a registration form and it looks like people with email address with this format something@x.digital are not accepted and they are getting "Please enter a valid email format" error message. Is there a way to avoid this without JS interference?

Best regards,

Yavor

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I assume that registration form is a Marketo form?

I don't believe that this error is standard Marketo form behavior. At least, I can submit that email address with no issues. So it seems more likely that you already have some kind of mechanism in place that rejects this email address domain. Could that be the case?

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You actually need to get rid of that regex completely... looks like it was written by someone who didn't actually understand what valid SMTP addresses are!

It also blocks

mailbox+submailbox@example.com

sandy.o'whiteman@example.com

tom&joe@example.com

which are all perfectly valid addresses. You're surely discouraging your leads (possibly completely) with this filter.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I assume that registration form is a Marketo form?

I don't believe that this error is standard Marketo form behavior. At least, I can submit that email address with no issues. So it seems more likely that you already have some kind of mechanism in place that rejects this email address domain. Could that be the case?

Yavor_Todorov
Level 3

Hi Michael,

thanks for your reply. I looked into the template and found a regex expression, preventing people from entering more than 6 letters as a domain:

var re = new RegExp(/^([\w-]+(?:\.[\w-]+)*)@((?:[\w-]+\.)*\w[\w-]{0,66})\.([a-z]{2,6}(?:\.[a-z]{2})?)$/i);

I have increased the number and people should be able to register now.

Thanks!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You actually need to get rid of that regex completely... looks like it was written by someone who didn't actually understand what valid SMTP addresses are!

It also blocks

mailbox+submailbox@example.com

sandy.o'whiteman@example.com

tom&joe@example.com

which are all perfectly valid addresses. You're surely discouraging your leads (possibly completely) with this filter.