SOLVED

Re: custom 'Forward to a Friend' feature?

Go to solution
Prinu_George
Level 3

custom 'Forward to a Friend' feature?

Hello,

Is there a way i can customise the fields/ field labels, center align the title etc in this window?
Also, when i tested with an email address, i did not receive any email. I'm i missing something?

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 10.56.18 am.png

Any best practice around this would help. Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Prinu, firstly the fields are locked in by Marketo and are the only one's available (not editable either), the aim is that it's meant to be quick and easy. I think I have a solution for to center the text though, in your Email Template add this style:

<style type="text/css">

.ftf_toggleSwitch { text-align: center; }

</style>

This will center the Forward to a Friend message, see my test:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 15.37.15.png

Only the email address in the Email section will receive the email. The Forward to a Friend feature only works on real email sends not Sample Sends.

Full document on the feature here: 'Forward to a Friend Link' in Emails - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Frank_Breen2
Level 10

Prinu, firstly the fields are locked in by Marketo and are the only one's available (not editable either), the aim is that it's meant to be quick and easy. I think I have a solution for to center the text though, in your Email Template add this style:

<style type="text/css">

.ftf_toggleSwitch { text-align: center; }

</style>

This will center the Forward to a Friend message, see my test:

Screen Shot 2016-03-03 at 15.37.15.png

Only the email address in the Email section will receive the email. The Forward to a Friend feature only works on real email sends not Sample Sends.

Full document on the feature here: 'Forward to a Friend Link' in Emails - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Prinu, you might be interested in our ​ShareMaker service, which as one if its features allows you to use any Marketo form as your F2F form.  As Frank points out, the customization options for the built-in form are limited (although you can tweak a bit using advanced CSS).

Prinu_George
Level 3

Thanks for sharing the link. I will take a look at it in future though.

Prinu_George
Level 3

Awesome! Thanks much Frank. That helps.