SOLVED

Custom Form - Connecting to marketo database

Go to solution
jackhammond
Level 2

Custom Form - Connecting to marketo database

Hi,

I have built a custome landing page which I have imported to a market guided landing page. I'm trying to integrate the form for this page to Marketo's database so I can capture leads. 

I have tried to use the class mktoform as described on mkto's support pages - but it does not seem to be linking to my market database.

(Form code has been highlighted yellow in the image below)

msedge_wDbgNvwhhd.png

Does anyone have experience with this / can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Custom Form - Connecting to marketo database

I think you’re misunderstanding the purpose of the mktoForm element.

A mktoForm allows you to choose a named Marketo form, i.e. a form created in Marketo Form Editor and stored in Design Studio or Marketing Activities. It’s not for regular HTML forms.

If you want to display a custom HTML form but still post to the Marketo database, you can submit a hidden Marketo form in the background. Note only the (hidden) Marketo form will automatically take advantage of native form pre-fill. So you’ll need to read the pre-filled field block (window.mktoPreFillFields) back into your custom form.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Custom Form - Connecting to marketo database

I think you’re misunderstanding the purpose of the mktoForm element.

A mktoForm allows you to choose a named Marketo form, i.e. a form created in Marketo Form Editor and stored in Design Studio or Marketing Activities. It’s not for regular HTML forms.

If you want to display a custom HTML form but still post to the Marketo database, you can submit a hidden Marketo form in the background. Note only the (hidden) Marketo form will automatically take advantage of native form pre-fill. So you’ll need to read the pre-filled field block (window.mktoPreFillFields) back into your custom form.