SOLVED

Re: Custom Activity - Net New Leads?

Go to solution
Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Custom Activity - Net New Leads?

Hi everyone, we are new to custom activities and custom objects. After exploring and doing some research, we realized custom activities is the right way for us to go. However, when we were testing custom objects, we noticed it didn't read net new leads and sync them over via list import or API - is this the same as custom activities? I know I can test it, but we are in the process of having our dev team set up the API workflow and I am trying to get ahead of the game and see if anyone knows this answer off the top of their head. Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes, you must know the lead ID.

Note this cuts down your effective daily API call limit by half, unless you keep a separate cache of IDs.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman

Your question's a bit unclear. Do you mean "didn't auto-create" leads?

Chelsea_Kiko

Sandy, you got it. Correct.

I don't mind having to write in the API workflow to create the lead first, then update the lead object record with the custom activity. But, I didn't want to do it if it was not necessary.

So, it did not auto-create leads when we tested custom objects, is custom activity the same way?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, you must know the lead ID.

Note this cuts down your effective daily API call limit by half, unless you keep a separate cache of IDs.

Chelsea_Kiko

Got it, thanks Sandy for the insight! Our dev professional, Jon, is having issues with the API now and we have gone through all the community articles and didnt solve anything, so he will be posting his question here soon if you want to offer anymore of your expertise thanks again! you're always so helpful.