Re: Current User Signature - Sales Insight

Anonymous
Not applicable

Current User Signature - Sales Insight

Is there a way that we can setup our Marketo Sales Insight templates to pull in the Current User's signature regardless of which Contact/Lead we are working with? (Salesforce)

I've attempted using a formula field on the Contact object that pulled in the Current User's info ($User.__field__) but it appears that the information must be pulling from Marketo rather than Salesforce even when sending a Sales Insight email.

Thanks for any help.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Added this over into the Ideas section -

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Josh Hampleman​, this would be difficult because the MSI emails live in Marketo and the tokens are rendered there, so I don't think they have a concept of logged in user or access to SFDC merge fields in that way.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, but imagine the customization and dynamic ability your MSI emails would be able to have if you had that ability.

All Sales Insight users have information stored inside of Marketo so all that would really be needed is the ability to add some additional fields on the users inside of Marketo, they must link in some way.  Then we could reference the information that is stored inside the system itself rather than inside of SFDC.

Edit - May have confused MSI with the MSI Email Add-in for ease of functionality in my above statement.

Lauren_Aquilino
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hey Josh, Can you share your workarounds? I am able to create lead owner tokened signatures, but have the same team-selling issues as you. When my larges sales team edits the templates by copying and pasting stuff in, they often break they code so badly and don't know how to get out of it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I unfortunately don't have have anything great for a workaround.

For the majority of our email templates we have a rather generic signature block that doesn't make any reference to the individual sending the message.  We do however have a blank template free of any coding that allows our team the ability to send whatever message they would like.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Josh,

The good news: this actually has a solution—and one that I've deployed in the past for current users across multiple sales divisions.

The bad news: the solution is one that's a little more complex than what I can say in a Community post. Feel free to reach out to me and we'll chat on fixing the issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds great!

I'll reach out to you later this week and maybe we can setup a call for the following week.

I appreciate the help.

Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

Courtney Grimes

It appears that I can only message people that are following me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh and Courtney...any chance I could learn what you guys have done here?  I have a similar need where I want to pull into an email a token that displays the person that initiated the Sales Insight "Add to Campaign" feature...so the "current user" and not the lead or contact owner because they are not always the same.  I appreciate any insight and guidance!

-Chris