SOLVED

Creating the same email in English and Spanish, but I need to link to the English web version. How?

Go to solution
brianmeller
Level 1

Creating the same email in English and Spanish, but I need to link to the English web version. How?

I'm creating two versions of the same email, one in English and one in Spanish.

We want to send the Spanish version to all our users, but have a callout that says Click here for English. That would link to a web version of the English email. 

I've been trying to find the best solution for this, but haven't had any luck. 

The English email has the Include View as Web Page setting turned on, but it won't work if I plug in that URL in the Spanish email. 

What are my options? The only thing I can think of is saving the English email's HTML and publish as a landing page (but I don't know how). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Creating the same email in English and Spanish, but I need to link to the English web version. How?

There are a couple of options that you can explore in this case - 

1. Create a LP with english version of the email and link the LP in the Spanish version's Click here for English CTA.

2. Send the English version of email when someone clicks the Click here for English CTA from the Spanish email. Alternatively, to avoid sending the English version of the email due to potential click activities by the email scanners, you can even navigate people who click Click here for English to a LP and have them submit a form on it with a couple of fields - a pre-filled Email Address field and a Request English Version of Email checkbox field. Setup a trigger campaign listening for this, and send out the english version of email in the campaign flow.

Also, the View As Web Page link is tokenized for both the lead and the email and hence you cannot just grab the View As Web Page link from the English version and add it to the Spanish version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Creating the same email in English and Spanish, but I need to link to the English web version. How?

There are a couple of options that you can explore in this case - 

1. Create a LP with english version of the email and link the LP in the Spanish version's Click here for English CTA.

2. Send the English version of email when someone clicks the Click here for English CTA from the Spanish email. Alternatively, to avoid sending the English version of the email due to potential click activities by the email scanners, you can even navigate people who click Click here for English to a LP and have them submit a form on it with a couple of fields - a pre-filled Email Address field and a Request English Version of Email checkbox field. Setup a trigger campaign listening for this, and send out the english version of email in the campaign flow.

Also, the View As Web Page link is tokenized for both the lead and the email and hence you cannot just grab the View As Web Page link from the English version and add it to the Spanish version.

brianmeller
Level 1

I think we'll go the landing page route. Seems like the simplest way to do it. 

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Getting fancy with it:

• Have 1 email (not 2) segmented using Velocity
  • Append the language to the query string of the View as Web Page link (&lang=en)
  • In View as Web Page view, purposely inject all the content into the page (for all languages), but hidden by default
  • use the lang to determine which contents to show (n.b. unlike the email, View as Web Page view fully supports JS, as it’s just a web page)
brianmeller
Level 1

Although this sounds like an elegant solution, I have no idea how to do this. We don't have any developers to help us and time is limited. Appreciate your input though.