Re: Creating custom field to store UTM history and also Sync those values to SFDC ?

Prithvi_kumar
Level 1

Creating custom field to store UTM history and also Sync those values to SFDC ?

Hi All

I'm looking to implement the below:

- All UTM history that a user has passed through need to be stored in one single field in marketo.

- After that we need to sync that custom field to Salesforce campaign so we can see it at campaign level.

Any ideas on how we can achieve this? suggestions please

Thanks

Prithvi

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Creating custom field to store UTM history and also Sync those values to SFDC ?

Please move the thread to Products‌ (the Move link will be at the right). This isn't a support space.

Chelsea_Stinnet
Level 3

Hi Prithvi, the only way I've seen this done is with Bizible. 

Prithvi_kumar
Level 1

Hi Chelsea Stinnett

Thanks for your response. Please share any documentation which i can refer for this implementation?

Also if you have any idea on how to create a custom field for storing multi attribution and pushing it through SFDC as currently we are using Marketo for all of our campaigns.

Thanks

Prithvi

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You need to create a custom object, or modify the SFDC Campaign Member Object and push the URL params there. This is essentially what Bizible does. There are several threads on this and articles I've written.

ElliottAntal
Level 2

Hi Josh - Can you share the links to the articles you've written on this? I'd be very interested. Thanks!

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

I suppose one way you can record all the UTM history in one field is through a change data value on an additional field you've created called 'UTM History'. You can change the data value to {{lead.utm history}} + {{lead.utm campaign}}

If your existing utm history field contains the values "Email" and your new utm campaign field contains the value "Webinar", it will write "Email + Webinar".

Prithvi_kumar
Level 1

Hi Nicholas

Thanks for the suggestion, I am pretty new to this kind of implementations can you refer me any documentation for custom field creation for capturing UTM history?

Also, I have a doubt on how all the UTMs can be captured?  because all the UTMs previously captured need to be stored in UTM history field and it needs to get updated every time and the new value will be added in the way you've mentioned. Is that right?

Regards

Prithvi