Re: Creating a Subscription Center (adding or removing email addresses to SFDC lists)

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Creating a Subscription Center (adding or removing email addresses to SFDC lists)

I'm trying to create a subscription center that would allow our Salesforce contacts to subscribe or unsubscribe from our pre-created Salesforce lists.

Capture.PNG

What I've done so far is:

1. Created a Subscription Center Form. This form has a required email address field and pulls in the field names for each of the mailing lists that we have. Again these lists are in Salesforce. They are not static Marketo lists.

Capture2.PNG

2. Created Landing Pages. One for the form, and one for the confirmation/thank you page after submit.

Capture3.PNG

3. Created confirmation emails for both opt in and opt out.

Capture4.PNG

4. Created Smart Campaigns to (attempt to) make it run. And this is where I'm having trouble. I created one for Opt-In and one for Opt-Out. (screenshots below). After the form is filled out it's meant to send an email to the person giving them another confirmation.

Capture5.PNG Capture6.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

I have tried the Add To List Function, but that doesn't pull up our Salesforce lists. It only pulls up static lists. Change Data Value is the only one that pulled up our lists.

These are all housed with in an Operational Program and maybe I'm missing something in there as well. Obviously I would like for this form to be dynamic and know which lists contacts are already subscribed to. Are there any guides out there that could guide me through the steps for this?

I've already looked at these links and while they're helpful, they don't give me exactly what i need.

Building a Subscription Management Center

How to build a Marketo Subscription Center

I understand this is pretty in-depth but any help would be appreciated.

JB

6 REPLIES 6
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Creating a Subscription Center (adding or removing email addresses to SFDC lists)

What are these "Salesforce lists"? Are they campaigns? Sorry, not quite as familiar with Salesforce.

Could you create a workflow in Salesforce to add them to the list triggering off of the field value changing?

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Maybe, i'm not using the correct terminology. But the way that we have it set up is that we have different checkboxes on each Salesforce contact. Each one of these checkboxes corresponds to a different email list.

Capture.PNG

These lists have been synced over to Marketo and when we send an email we simply send to a smart list like this.

Capture2.PNG

As far as setting up a workflow in Salesforce ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I'll have to research that.

SydneyMulligan

Oooookay I think I gotcha.

So the fields that they are checking on the form are mapped to the "list" fields in Salesforce. You don't need to do anything else, and you "Change Data Value" flow step with choices doesn't really do anything. The data value is changed when the form is submitted.

If you would like to see a list of everyone on the mailing group, you can pull a Smart List of the field "Email Partner Marketing", etc. Just pull a separate Smart List in Marketo for each one.

You can also use those as you mailing lists when you send emails.

Does that capture what you want to do?

If those fields are not mapped to the SFDC Fields, they should be, which you can do in Admin. Or you can just keep you Change Data Value flow steps if you don't have permission or something.

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Yes. That's the idea. All of the fields are already mapped. What I'm trying to figure out is how to set up a Subscription Center using these lists. Ideally the form page would be dynamic enough to pull in their subscription data when they enter their email address (may have to set up that page differently) and then they would be able to subscribe/unsubscribe to any of the lists on that page.

SydneyMulligan

What you're describing is what will happen by default. As long as you have "Form Pre-fill" turned on, it will pre-pop their info by default. And since these are just boolean data value fields, when they submit the form, the data values will be automatically updated. Basically as simple as it gets.

Josh_Hill13