Re: Creating a smart list out of many smart lists

Anonymous
Not applicable

Creating a smart list out of many smart lists

Hey

Does anyone know if its possible to create a smart list that consists of many other smart lists?

Im trying but its loading and loading and doesn't stop loading.

So basically my smart lists contains of 5 filters "member of a smart list in..."

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi, Yes, we have the filter of member of smart list in the smart lists and you can select as many smart lists as you want - by applying the filter "Member of smart list" again and again. This could be a possible reason for more loading time as the smart list looks for 5 other smart lists before it defines the audience. Could you share the purpose of getting the leads from various smart lists? If there are many leads, it would take processing time to show the members. If it's possible to define the audience in one smart list, it may reduce your loading time. Hope this helps!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Agreed. There are definitely times to do this, but consider other ways first.

if marketo takes too long to load each list, the list will time out during a batch and break.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Nested smart lists put a lot of strain on the system. I have seem them fail and break a campaign so if you can find another way to achieve the same result, I strongly encourage you to do it. If you post more detail about your smart lists, maybe we can help you come up with another solution.