SOLVED

Re: Create a cross-program member of list

Go to solution
Hchen151
Level 3

Create a cross-program member of Smart List

Hi all Marketo Experts,

Is it possible to create a Smart List that can be applied in multiple programs in the same channel (e.g. Operational)?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Thank you for explaining your use-case, @Hchen151!

As the Micheal correctly notes, smart lists can be created within the program (and not in a channel) in the Marketing Actvities or in the Database section. SCs created within the program/campaign folder can reference the SL even if it is created outside of the program, given that the SC and the SL are in the same workspace/SL is shared with the WS that houses the SC.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Hi @Hchen151

Can you please elaborate what you're trying to accomplish here? What exactly do you mean by the member list?

Are you talking about creating a smart/static list asset that can be referenced by programs with the same channel in Marketo? FYR - Smart/Static lists can be referenced by the campaigns/other SLs in the same workspace irrespective of the program channel, or even if they (smart/static lists) are not directly created in the program itself. However, this cannot be modified to apply to programs with specific channels only, i.e. abilty to restrict the referencing to smart/static list based on program channel isn't possible.

Hchen151
Level 3

Hi Darshil,

To clarify, I'd like to create a general/global Smart List in a channel/program that can be used/referenced in the campaigns' SL, where the campaigns can be anywhere in one single channel in programs that all have one particular channel. Would it be possible?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I believe what's confusing here is your use of the term "channel". You want to create a Smart List in a channel? And the campaign can be somewhere in a channel? That doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as a channel is a specific program tag and you can't create an asset in it.

Are you by chance talking about issues when trying to reference Smart Lists across Workspaces?

Darshil_Shah1

Thank you for explaining your use-case, @Hchen151!

As the Micheal correctly notes, smart lists can be created within the program (and not in a channel) in the Marketing Actvities or in the Database section. SCs created within the program/campaign folder can reference the SL even if it is created outside of the program, given that the SC and the SL are in the same workspace/SL is shared with the WS that houses the SC.

Hchen151
Level 3

I created one in Database and it worked well. Thanks, @Darshil_Shah1 !