Re: Country Format for US and International

Anonymous
Not applicable

Country Format for US and International

Any tips for requiring the correct phone # format depending on the country chosen during the form submission? Basically, looking to reduce the invalid phoine #s hitting the system. I know we can mask data that will support US formats, however, that doesn't help international phone #s.

Would like to make the phone format requirement based off which country was chosen in the country field. Iassume there is some kind of java code we could use but wanted to see if there is any way to use standard forms 2.0 functionality.

For example.....
- If country chosen is United States, format = (xxx) xxx-xxxx
- If country chosen is UK format required is xx xx xxxx xxxx (or whatever the correct format is)
-etc etc
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Jeff, the only way I could think of doing this would be multiple custom fields with conditional field visibility, and the correct field (with masking applied) would appear when the country was selected. Not sure it's worth it, as most of the time, people who are genuinely interested will put the correct information.  
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would test what Dory suggests. I haven't done this because there are often multiple formats per country, such as Brazil or UK depending on mobile or landline as well as if someone outside the country needs (20).