Custom Fields Not Populating Information

Anonymous
Not applicable

Custom Fields Not Populating Information

Hi everyone, 

I have a few custom fields I created, and I'm having an issue with them populating the information in our alert emails when forms are submitted. 

For some reason, for example on a "Yes or No" checkbox field, when the form is submitted, we will receive our alert emails, but the data will come through either unpopulated or with a "1" in the data spot. 

Is there any special editing that needs to be done when a custom field is created? Could I be missing a step?

Please let me know your thoughts!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Custom Fields Not Populating Information

That is the way that boolean fields are interpreted. 1 = True or Yes, 0 or NULL = False/No. Just have to tell the folks getting your emails that this is how to understand it.

If you really need to have Yes or No, create a custom field that changes when the data value of your Yes/No field changes, but seems to me more trouble that it's worth.
Anonymous
Not applicable

In addition to what Jason says, you can add this explanation right in the alert email after the boolean field value that needs to be explained.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great point Elena. Something like

Are You Attending?: {{lead.Custom Boolean Field}}  -- (1 means Yes, blank means No)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great! Thank you for clearing that up everyone.

But here's another question: I have a custom field that has a list of service providers that a user can select from. Right now it is a boolean field, and the selections won't populate when a user selects from the list. What would be the best type of field to use for this instead?

I'm just not as savy when it comes to creating the new custom fields yet! 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would create it as a String field for maximum flexibility; you can then turn it in to any sort of field you want in the Form Editor.

If you choose a Select box, then only the values that you identify in the box will go into the field anyways (but you could override them using Change Data Value, the lead's record, etc.)