Controlling Picklist Values Between Marketo and SFDC

s_skala
Level 2

Controlling Picklist Values Between Marketo and SFDC

Apologies if this has been discussed ad nauseam but I have yet to find a complete answer. 

I currently have two forms with the same field "Industry" however each form needs a different set of values for different use cases. I understand that if I add new picklist values to the Industry field in SFDC then the existing form will not be updated with the new values, only forms approved after that point. 

My question is, if I add the new values in SFDC and then later down the road have to update the existing form for some reason will that form then update with all the values now in the Industry picklist in SFDC? And if yes, is there an option to simply delete the values I don't want from that form or will Marketo make you use exactly the same values that appear in the SFDC picklist? Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Salytics
Level 3

Re: Controlling Picklist Values Between Marketo and SFDC

You can directly control all of the picklist values in a Marketo form. Keep in mind, if a value in Marketo's picklist is not present in an SFDC restricted picklist, there will be a sync error.

Marketo Picklist.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Controlling Picklist Values Between Marketo and SFDC

My question is, if I add the new values in SFDC and then later down the road have to update the existing form for some reason will that form then update with all the values now in the Industry picklist in SFDC?

The form will not automatically update with the values from the SFDC picklist. It will keep the local form-level settings, which may be a superset, subset, or even totally different set of values. (As the other user mentioned, this may cause field validation errors during a sync to SFDC, but from Marketo's perspective any values may be set.)