SOLVED

Contact Status in SFDC

Go to solution
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Contact Status in SFDC

I know it's not a "direct" Marketo question, but I figured it's worth to ask...
We have an SDR team that is in charge of qualifing the leads and put them in the appropriate status in SFDC. Once the lead is converted, we're not changing the "contact status" field (the account, opportunity and contact are in the sales hands and they mostly update the opportunity)
how do you manage this field? I assume it has some meaning in syncing back to marketo (segment / nurturing etc...)

Thanks!

Itay
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Contact Status in SFDC

Hi Itay,

The contact object in SFDC doesn't have a standard Status field like the lead object does so when some people initially start out with Marketo they create a custom status field on the Contact object. The values in the lead picklist and the contact picklist should be the same. You set the defaul picklist value on the contact picklist to be what ever the initial contact value would be so then when you convert a lead to a contact you have the default value in place.

Considering most people will aim to sell more than once to a contact it may make more sense to focus on oppty status.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Generally I see lead status stop at converted, and opportunity status used by sales to manage the pipeline.  These are then reconciled within the Revenue Cycle Modeler.

Itay_Billet4
Level 8

This makes sense. Just wondering if there's any meaning to manage "contact status" also
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Itay,

The contact object in SFDC doesn't have a standard Status field like the lead object does so when some people initially start out with Marketo they create a custom status field on the Contact object. The values in the lead picklist and the contact picklist should be the same. You set the defaul picklist value on the contact picklist to be what ever the initial contact value would be so then when you convert a lead to a contact you have the default value in place.

Considering most people will aim to sell more than once to a contact it may make more sense to focus on oppty status.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Thanks Cathal, you are correct, we mainly focus on opportunity stages / account status (which is dependent on the opportunity).