Re: Conditional Submit Button

Stephen_Usher
Level 1

Conditional Submit Button

We have created a form that is conditional based on a selection from a single drop down. Some of the selections from this initial drop down result in a form to be populated while others are just set as text to direct to the proper person to reach out to.

We are hoping to make the "submit" button conditional to only appear when the form fields do and not when the text only options show up.

Has anyone found a workaround for this type of issue if its not built in?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It is not built in. You will need to add javascript as Custom HTML to the page for this to work. Please seek out a developer. Perkuto.com can usually get this done quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are there any updates on this issue?  If I just want the "submit" button to be activated when a condition is reached, such as when people check a box on a particular field.  Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Gimme a sec, I'll put up a demo.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, demo here: MktoForms2 :: Conditionally Show Submit - JSFiddle

In the demo, when the dropdown is empty, there is no Submit button.  When the dropdown is set to 'Client', a block of rich text is shown, but still no Submit button.  Any other option from the dropdown will show the Submit button.

The code is fairly primitive: when the form is ready, I relocate the button into a rich text area that is managed via visibility rules.  From that point onward, VRs determine what happens.

Screenshots to tell the rest of the story:

2015-05-26_1726 - swhiteman's library

2015-05-26_1727 - swhiteman's library

2015-05-26_1728 - swhiteman's library