SOLVED

Combine (concatenate) multiple fields into one field

Go to solution
jzolinski1
Level 1

Combine (concatenate) multiple fields into one field

Is it possible to combine (concatenate) multiple fields into one field in Marketo. I am trying to combine our "data_source,-data_source_name-data_body fields into our "Consent Notes" field without having to concatenate the fields in an excel before uploading. On the attached image, I am trying to combine (concatenate) the three fields in yellow into one field combined in the "Consent Notes" field. 

Any suggestions or advice is always greatly appreciated.

Best,fields.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Combine (concatenate) multiple fields into one field

To Sandy's point, you can concatenate field values together using the lead tokens in the following manner via the Change Data Value flow step in the campaign's flow. Make sure you set the required type of campaign, and its smart list is able to qualify the right set of people you want to concatenate the data for.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1700117934757.png

Furthermore, I totally agree with Sanyd's recommendation regarding using the JSON structure for concatenating data! Choosing a standardized format like JSON over a more custom or fragile structure offers numerous advantages in terms of readability, interoperability, flexibility, and error handling. However, the choice between the two would depend on the specific use case, the nature of the data being transmitted, and the compatibility with existing systems or platforms. Overall, using a standardized format increases the robustness and compatibility of data exchange between different applications or systems.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Yes. You can use a Change Data Value flow step and include multiple {{lead.tokens}} in the new value box.

As a side note, this “structured value format” seems pretty fragile. I recommend a standard format that can be parsed by external apps, like a JSON array or URL-encoded (i.e. like a query string).

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

To Sandy's point, you can concatenate field values together using the lead tokens in the following manner via the Change Data Value flow step in the campaign's flow. Make sure you set the required type of campaign, and its smart list is able to qualify the right set of people you want to concatenate the data for.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1700117934757.png

Furthermore, I totally agree with Sanyd's recommendation regarding using the JSON structure for concatenating data! Choosing a standardized format like JSON over a more custom or fragile structure offers numerous advantages in terms of readability, interoperability, flexibility, and error handling. However, the choice between the two would depend on the specific use case, the nature of the data being transmitted, and the compatibility with existing systems or platforms. Overall, using a standardized format increases the robustness and compatibility of data exchange between different applications or systems.

jzolinski
Level 2

Thanks everyone. Your suggestion worked.