SOLVED

Fill Out Form - Activity Details

Go to solution
TK9
Level 2
Level 2

Fill Out Form - Activity Details

Hello,

Currently, our team is able to pass the "Form Fields" data via webhook to our external database.

Is it possible to pass extra data like the Referrer URL, User Agent, Client IP Address, etc as well via webhook or javascript?

MarketoForm.JPG

Input is appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Fill Out Form - Activity Details

Currently, our team is able to pass the "Form Fields" data via webhook to our external database.

That’s not really what you’re doing in your webhook.

You’re sending the current database values using {{lead.tokens}}. That’s not the same as sending the values that were sent with the form. For example, if a field has field updates blocked, the form data is ignored.

In order to send the form data values, you’d need to look up the Activity Log entry using the REST API. This is something we do when turning Filled Out Form entries into Form Fillout Custom Objects.

You do have additional {{trigger.tokens}} for Filled Out Form trigger metadata: {{trigger.Client IP Address}}, {{trigger.Web Page}}. Not sure if {{trigger.Browser}} works here. You can test it. Of course you could copy the User-Agent to a hidden form field if you badly wanted it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That’s not really what you’re doing in your webhook.

You’re sending the current database values using {{lead.tokens}}. That’s not the same as sending the values that were sent with the form. For example, if a field has field updates blocked, the form data is ignored.

In order to send the form data values, you’d need to look up the Activity Log entry using the REST API. This is something we do when turning Filled Out Form entries into Form Fillout Custom Objects.

You do have additional {{trigger.tokens}} for Filled Out Form trigger metadata: {{trigger.Client IP Address}}, {{trigger.Web Page}}. Not sure if {{trigger.Browser}} works here. You can test it. Of course you could copy the User-Agent to a hidden form field if you badly wanted it.

TK9
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks, Sanford. 

I understand. You're right, technically we are sending the database values but none of the current fields have blocked updates and the data is being overwritten as well. 

The REST API sounds like a better option. Correct me if I am wrong, but the REST API can create new custom objects based on new form fill-out activities? Is that something you're doing?

Thanks for the extra trigger tokens. I can try adding the "{{trigger.Web Page}}" into the webhook to produce a referral URL for now.