Cloned landing page default URL

ayaspan
Level 3

Cloned landing page default URL

Don't really appreciate that if I'm cloning a rather involved event program that has a landing page as part of it, the name of the cloned program finds its way into the new program's landing page URL. I see that this can be toggled in URL settings but when creating many cloned events (which, unfortunately, many of us have to do), it's another tedious step. Also if you're like me and you don't have a ton of experience with the process of cloning and altering intricate programs, you can end up with a long list of URLs to correct. I get how it could be a handy feature, but seems like a weird default.

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Cloned landing page default URL

Well, technically assets local to a program have its name included as a prefix (e.g., <Program Name>.<Landing Page Name>), and the landing page's name makes up its default URL, which could be changed via URL tools as you have mentioned. Including the program name as a prefix to assets' names actually allows users to have assets with the same names in different programs. I think that is the way it is as of now. Do you want LPs in your cloned programs to reference the original starter program's name in their URL? If so, why?

ayaspan
Level 3

No I don't, that's the issue. When I change the name of the program, the landing page url:

https://register.loremipsum/newprogramname_oldpgramnamelandingpage.html

The "oldprogramname" just shows up on its own by default. Sure I can change it but again if I'm making hundreds of clones it's very tedious.

More UX tedium...

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Can you please share a screenshot showing the entire LP URL in your cloneable (template) program?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

@ayaspan wrote:

When I change the name of the program, the landing page url [...] the "oldprogramname" just shows up on its own by default. 

Wait, do you mean you change the name of a program and expect the URLs of the LPs in that program to change to the new name, too? That's not supposed to happen, and I don't believe it would be good.

The LP URLs will adapt to the new program name after the program is cloned though.