SOLVED

Re: Clicks Link on Web Page Trigger - says link is invalid?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Clicks Link on Web Page Trigger - says link is invalid?

I have a previous program that I setup that worked well and instead of re-creating the wheel, I cloned it.

In the Program I have the sequence of smart campaigns, delivered, opened, clicked, engaged all triggered to update the program status.

The original program works perfectly, and the new cloned campaign I've setup is exactly the same.  The problem is for the smart campaign "engaged" I have "Clicks Link on Web Page" trigger with the 'link name' and 'web page' constraints.

Unfortunately it won't accept the URL I entered under the 'link name' constraint.  Keeps flashing that it's invalid and won't let me activate the smart campaign.

Again, it's setup exactly like a perfectly working Program.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to switch to 'referrer' insted of 'link'

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also to clarify, I've removed the http:// in front of the "pages." in the URL.  I know that can cause an error.

Additionally, can anyone tell me why all my downloadable PDF that are on landing pages aren't in the dropdown to select from internal pages?
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sometimes they don't appear in the drop down if no one clicked on them.

Not sure why it's not letting you save the link. Is that link definitely valid?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to populate that drown down?  The link is definitely valid, I can plug the PDF URL right into the browser and the file loads.
Julz_James
Level 10

Is there any updates on this issue?  I'm having exactly the same problem.  I'm trying to score 'download' links that are clicked and its saying the URL's that the links exist on aren't valid.

Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having this same problem right now. I sure would appreciate some feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had to switch to 'referrer' insted of 'link'
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had the same issue and have contacted Marketo support; no one seems to have answers.  Any recent discoveries?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nicole,

Support ended up helping me.  I had to switch to 'referrer' insted of 'link'. Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have a Word Press website. Apparently, Word Press doesn't get along with munchkin code unless you install the Word Press/Marketo plugin. We did that, and then everything worked just like it was supposed to.