SOLVED

Re: Child Salesforce Campaigns

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child Salesforce Campaigns

If a parent campaign is created in Salesforce, is it possible to pull a list of leads who have a specific status in all of the child campaigns through the parent?

We have a parent campaign with a number of child campaigns within Salesforce and I'd like to build a smart list that includes any lead in one of the child salesforce campaigns with a specific status.

Possible?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Yes, you need to add each individual campaign, not the parent campaign. Although there are leads in the parent campaign according to Salesforce, Marketo needs you to select each campaign you want to look at. You are correct that what you want isn't an option in Marketo, but it is in SFDC. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Yes definitely possible. Although Marketo can't see the parent/child heirarchy of campaigns, you can pull a smart list that says "member of campaign is" and select the corresponding salesforce campaign.

If you want to see the results in salesforce, usually looking at the parent campaign will give you a breakdown of it's children.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for replying, Kristen! Sorry — just want to clarify — meaning that, if there are three child Saleforce campaigns, I would still need to add each of those campaigns to my smart list in Marketo individually, correct? I'm trying to pull all the leads in the child Saleforce campaign by just referencing the parent campaign in Salesforce. I tried pulling all leads in the parent, but Marketo didn't return any. So when you say "Marketo can't see the parent/child heirarchy of campaigns" you mean that I would need to add the children separately but I could see them on aggregate in Salesforce, right?

I want:

Member of SFDC Campaign
Lead: in > Parent SF Campaign (Which is a parent of: Salesforce Campaign 1, Salesforce Campaign 2, Salesforce Campaign 3)

Rather than:

Member of SFDC Campaign
Lead: in > Salesforce Campaign 1, Salesforce Campaign 2, Salesforce Campaign 3

But that's not an option, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know if what a described above is accurate? You can't just us the parent, right?
Kristen_Malkov1
Level 8

Yes, you need to add each individual campaign, not the parent campaign. Although there are leads in the parent campaign according to Salesforce, Marketo needs you to select each campaign you want to look at. You are correct that what you want isn't an option in Marketo, but it is in SFDC. 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Kristen! You've been a big help. Much appreciated!