Changing the Winner Criteria after the A/B test group went out?

Danielle_Wong
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Changing the Winner Criteria after the A/B test group went out?

I wanted to change the Winner Criteria in my A/B test, however, how can I do that if my 30% test group went out already?

thanks.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Changing the Winner Criteria after the A/B test group went out?

I'm not totally sure if you can change it after the fact.   You'll probably have to build some smart lists to determine who the winner is using whichever new criteria you choose as the smart list filters.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you did Manual Champ, then you can probably still do this. Although I suspect Jim may be right - you may have to stop the test and use smart lists for the new criteria and send out a separate smart campaign to the next 70%.

make sure you exclude the 30% using Not Was Sent Email A.

Danielle_Wong

Jim and Josh, have you had experience unapproving a program where the test group went out but the winner didn't? I think I'm going to try that, but I'm curious if either of you have done that before and what issues it might cause.

Jim_Thao7
Level 9

I've not done this before.  However, logically, if you did unapprove the program and there is no winner declared, it would be my assumption that Marketo won't send out a "winner" per se, since there is none.  Take it with a grain of salt.  

Danielle_Wong

Okay, I unapproved it, and on the Calendar is shows up in Gray/Tentative. Should be okay, right?

Danielle_Wong

Okay, thank you Jim!

Esena_Jackson
Level 2

I've run into the same problem. Do you recall if unapproving the program prevent the winning message from going out?