SOLVED

Changing scoring criteria -- what's the overall impact

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing scoring criteria -- what's the overall impact

I am in the process of changing the scoring behavior in my instance (for example: different options for revenue, company size, etc.). Obviously, this will have an overall impact on 'people' in Marketo. I know I need to do a remapping of people in Marketo to my Salesforce data? I thought I would take a few moments and reach out and see what else do you think thing I should do? What could be the other implications? 

Champion Program​ folks: This would be a good blog post. I am seeing this happen all the time.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Changing scoring criteria -- what's the overall impact

Hey Scott,

Hard to comment on this question as it's really not clear what you are asking...

Are you asking what happens when you update the scoring data? <- Nothing really but that depends on what campaigns you have that are triggered by scoring changes.

Do scoring updates pass to SFDC? <- Any fields mapped between Marketo and SFDC will be updated (assuming your scoring is mapped so no action needed)

Are you trying to understand what impacts to lead volume making these changes will result in? <- You can do some forecasting on how your volumes will change but that is dependent on your MQL threshold.

Are you asking for other best practices when it comes to changing scoring?

Can you elaborate on your question further?

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Scott,

Hard to comment on this question as it's really not clear what you are asking...

Are you asking what happens when you update the scoring data? <- Nothing really but that depends on what campaigns you have that are triggered by scoring changes.

Do scoring updates pass to SFDC? <- Any fields mapped between Marketo and SFDC will be updated (assuming your scoring is mapped so no action needed)

Are you trying to understand what impacts to lead volume making these changes will result in? <- You can do some forecasting on how your volumes will change but that is dependent on your MQL threshold.

Are you asking for other best practices when it comes to changing scoring?

Can you elaborate on your question further?

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just want to make sure I cover all my bases and think through everything. Good suggestion about re-forecasting. Not sure how that fell off my list.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are several threads on updating Lead Scoring and then doing a Score Re-set on the existing data.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will check out the other discussions. Thanks