SOLVED

Re: Changing Salesforce credentials to different Salesforce instance

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Changing Salesforce credentials to different Salesforce instance

Hello,

I am trying to change my salesforce credentials to point to a different salesforce instance but I keep getting this message: "switching salesforce orgs not allowed".

Is there any way to change salesforce orgs or do I need to setup a new Marketo instance completely?

Thanks

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to the nature of the integration between SFDC and Marketo, you cannot disconnect Marketo from one instance of Salesforce and connect it to another. To do this, you will need ot setup a new instance of Marketo.

The new instance of Marketo can be 'connected' to the old so you're able to clone programs from one to the other. I recommend talking with our professional services organization for guidance on how we've helped other customers in the same situation.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rob,

A new instance would need to be setup as once you've synced a Production instance of Marketo to a SFDC instance, we can't switch it again.  If you need to switch the SFDC instances I would reach out to your Marketo Account Manager and they should be able to help you start the process!

Have a great day,

Jesse
Technical Support Engineer - Premier Support Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to the nature of the integration between SFDC and Marketo, you cannot disconnect Marketo from one instance of Salesforce and connect it to another. To do this, you will need ot setup a new instance of Marketo.

The new instance of Marketo can be 'connected' to the old so you're able to clone programs from one to the other. I recommend talking with our professional services organization for guidance on how we've helped other customers in the same situation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are having a similar issue.  We had a sandbox version of Marketo syncing to a sandbox version of SFDC and for one reason or another it is now failing.  The belief is that the SFDC sandbox version was refreshed at one point and will not now communicate with our sandbox instance of Marketo. We worked with the SFDC admin and created a new set of credentials and now am able to login to the SFDC itself, but when these credentials are entered into Marketo, we get an error that reads "Switching Salesforce orgs not allowed".  

Is our ONLY option to create a new instance of Marketo? 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ever get an answer regarding this. I just went through the same experience. I have emailed marekto support but am curious if there is an update in the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same issue here. Did you get it resolved?

anne_sample_f5
Level 4

I just had this issue. Talk to Marketo support and they can help you fix it!