SOLVED

Re: Change the text on the submit button

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change the text on the submit button

I have a master form that I use for multiple landing pages. Is there a way to change the submit button's text just for that specific landing page? Is there a script or code that I can drop onto the landing page that will do this?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kristin_Carideo
Level 2

You can certainly use a token, and then put the tokens in the individual programs containing your landing pages. I use {{my.FormCTA}} as my form submit button token and then just add that token to the program so I can make the button say "Learn More!" or "Sign Up!" or whatever.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Kristin_Carideo
Level 2

You can certainly use a token, and then put the tokens in the individual programs containing your landing pages. I use {{my.FormCTA}} as my form submit button token and then just add that token to the program so I can make the button say "Learn More!" or "Sign Up!" or whatever.
freeza
Level 3

Can we add more than one token to the Form CTA in the form level? I have 2 LPs in the same program and they both are using the same form but the CTA has to be different. How can I execute this properly?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

A thought - Instead of making changes in the global form to accomodate this case, wouldn't it make more sense to hard-code/overwrite the submit button lable using JS in both the LPs for this program?

freeza
Level 3

How can I overwrite this? I tried over writing in so many ways but nothing worked.

Darshil_Shah1

Try adding the below script on LPs -

<script>
MktoForms2.whenReady(function (form){
  form.getFormElem()
  .find('button.mktoButton')
  .html('BUTTON TEXT'); //Change the text as per the need
});
</script>

freeza
Level 3

Where exactly do I have to add this script? I tried adding inside the Meta tag section, but nothing is happening there.

Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 3.13.15 PM.png

Darshil_Shah1

You should add the JS in the body of the page, in the HTML element or the HTML section within one of the Rich-text area's (WYSIWYG) element in the LP.

freeza
Level 3

I did that too. But nothing changed.

Darshil_Shah1

Can you please share the LP URL so that we can have a look? Thanks!