SOLVED

Creating a global counter in Marketo

Go to solution
Yifat_1
Level 1

Creating a global counter in Marketo

I wanted to create a counter that is counting amount of MQLs and I created an internal field for that, however, it won't sum up the global amount of MQLs, only per person.

Is there a way Marketo can sum this up as a global counter?

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Creating a global counter in Marketo

You can only do this with the assistance of a webhook.

Calling a suitable webhook-compatible service, you can increment a global counter and write the value back to a Marketo {{my.token}}.

But you might also consider just creating a People Performance Report which groups all your MQLs into one row — the count of this row is then the global count. Depends on what you’re trying to use this counter for.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

You can only do this with the assistance of a webhook.

Calling a suitable webhook-compatible service, you can increment a global counter and write the value back to a Marketo {{my.token}}.

But you might also consider just creating a People Performance Report which groups all your MQLs into one row — the count of this row is then the global count. Depends on what you’re trying to use this counter for.

Yifat_1
Level 1

Thanks for the answer!

I'm trying to build an alert that would send an email to me whenever the amount of MQLs is too low... can that be done using that report? or do I need to use a webhook?

SanfordWhiteman

I'm trying to build an alert that would send an email to me whenever the amount of MQLs is too low... can that be done using that report? or do I need to use a webhook?

You‘d need the webhook for that — the report could only be sent on a scheduled basis regardless of the count.