Re: Change Score when another Leads Score with the same Value is changed

Schaefer_4D
Level 1

Change Score when another Leads Score with the same Value is changed

Hello, 

following situation:
Lead A) and B) are employees of company XY.
Company XY has a quota of 100 euros.
I have stored this quota as a „score" for Lead A) and B).

When Lead A) books a training course for 50 Euros, for example, the score for Lead B) should also be reduced to 50 Euros.

I can't find a way to change the score of a lead in relation to a change of another lead with the same value....

Does anyone have an idea or is my approach completely wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Wouldn't having the Quota field on the Company object (by creating it on the Account object in CRM) instead of the lead object make more sense? Is there any specific reason as to why you've got this field on the lead object?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That would require automation within the CRM though, Darshil?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yes, that is right, Sandy as Marketo cannot write data on company fields for the converted contact records! I just wanted to drive home the opinion that this field appears to be more fundamentally suitable for the company object instead of the lead! If they don’t have any CRM integration, or would not prefer doing any automation on the CRM end (I wish they would have mentioned this in their Q), then webhook is the way to go for making updates to this field per your comment! 😃 

Edit - I'd also love to hear from the author as to what system would be making primary changes/updates to the value in this field. If it's Marketo, then we can have this field on the Person object and have webhook update the data or if it's from the CRM, then it'd be a better idea to have this field on the Company (Account in SFDC) object rather than on the Person object.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

This past thread (on which Darshil & I both commented) would be informative: Scoring accounts based on people's accumulated points

If you have a CRM but can’t do the Account field automation in your CRM (you haven’t mentioned either way) then I’d say a webhook is the way to go.

If you don’t have a CRM, it would be feasible to use Marketo’s built-in Company object. However, updating that object when a lead changes would itself require a webhook. So not sure if it would be a net benefit to use a Company field, except if you were also exporting Company objects and wanted to see the rolled-up value there.