SOLVED

Change Engagement program stream behavior

Go to solution
Moritz_Trollman
Level 3

Change Engagement program stream behavior

Will the flow step “Change engagement program stream” apply only to already existing program members, or also apply to records currently outside the program ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Change Engagement program stream behavior

You're right, Katja - I stand corrected. Change Stream also adds to program. I guess I confused it with the other way 'round, as "Add to Engagement Program" plus defining a stream, does not change a program member's stream. This creates the error message "Record is already member of program" or so.

But still: I think you should use "Add to Engagement Program" and "Change Engagement Program Stream" the way they are supposed to be used. The first is for new members, the second for existing ones.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Only to existing ones. "Change Stream" does not add records to an Engagement Program.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Technically it should also work for people who are currently not part of your engagement program (see https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Change+Engagement+Program+Stream), but I would certainly give that a quick test.  The documentation is not entirely clear with the note on whether a person needs to already by in any Engagement Program for it to work.

Also, I am wondering what your use case would be for using this as opposed to the Add to Engagement Program flow step. Personally I would use the Change Engagement Program Stream flow step only for people who are already in the program, in  order to keep the set up of your smart campaigns very clear.

Michael_Florin
Level 10

You're right, Katja - I stand corrected. Change Stream also adds to program. I guess I confused it with the other way 'round, as "Add to Engagement Program" plus defining a stream, does not change a program member's stream. This creates the error message "Record is already member of program" or so.

But still: I think you should use "Add to Engagement Program" and "Change Engagement Program Stream" the way they are supposed to be used. The first is for new members, the second for existing ones.

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Absolutely agree Michael! That is the only way to keep control of which person goes into which engagement program and to avoid multiple programs firing at the same person.