Change Default From email for a user

sg
Level 2
Level 2

Change Default From email for a user

Hi,

I am the  Marketo admin and one of the user has changed to a different workspace.

Now when they are sending emails, the default From Email Address is incorrect.

As an Admin, Can I change the default From Email and From Email Address for the user?

When I read posts, it suggests that they need to go to Admin tab and Email to change it,

I do not want to promote the user as Admin on the system.

I can do temporarily upgrade them and roll back after they change.

But

Asking if there is any other way to do it?

thanks

Sree

5 REPLIES 5
NiharikaGoyal
Level 2

Re: Change Default From email for a user

Hi @sg 

Hope you are doing well!!

I have checked your above query. There is 2 ways to update the From Email Address:

1) As an Admin you can make changes directly.

2) Another one is, if you do not want to give the full access of admin to user, you can create the custom role with necessary access of email settings and assign to user temporarily.

Hope that would helpful for you.

Thanks!!

sg
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for feedback.

1) As an Admin you can make changes directly.

As an Admin, I cannot make changes for the user (under Admin->Security->Email). I do not see that option

2) Another one is, if you do not want to give the full access of admin to user, you can create the custom role with necessary access of email settings and assign to user temporarily.
What kind of role to be created so that a user can update the  Admin->Security->Email 

I have tried to look for that cannot find the exact one.

thanks

-Sg

As per suggestions, I am trying to create a new role? What kind of access I should give them to update only Email Address

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As an Admin, I cannot make changes for the user (under Admin->Security->Email). I do not see that option

Admin » Security » Users & Roles » Users.

uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Hi @sg ,

Currently you cannot change the From Name & From Email for individual users.

There are certain work around you can try

• 1st - You can assign each user " Access Email Admin" on a temporary basis which gives users access to Email Admin, to change default settings, such as unsubscribe and branding domains & later remove that access once done.
  • 2nd - this might be less practical but still possible is using a token for these values on the Top-folder level & set values for these token as required.

Hope this helps 😊

Disha_Goyal6
Level 4

Hi @sg, you can't change the same for other users as you can do it for your login user only. Other users majorly see the from name and email setup in their profile. 

Best practice here is to use tokens for these two and setup the value of these tokens at program or folder level.

In that case, everyone will see same detail

Hope this helps!