SOLVED

Re: Capture UTMs and ensure UTM is on Campaign Member after Flow Aciton

Go to solution
kkeefer1313
Level 2

Capture UTMs and ensure UTM is on Campaign Member after Flow Aciton

I'm trying to understand how to set up the flow steps after capturing UTMs from a stored cookie value using PMF (Program Member Fields)

The issue I'm having is the campaign member is created BEFORE the UTM values are being set on the CM:

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 2.03.30 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.43.58 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-08-28 at 3.44.07 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Thank you, @kkeefer1313! 😊 

If everything is configured correctly, Marketo Program - SFDC Campaign sync is enabled (ideally, if that’s the case you shouldn’t be using SFDC flow steps to add people to campaign/change their campaign status), and the fields are mapped then you should ideally see the PMCF data updates getting synced over to the respective campaign member fields in SFDC. As Sandy says in the other thread linked above, the feature is set to work ONLY with the OOTB Marketo Program and SFDC campaign sync turned on, w/o it you won't see the PMCF updates syncing to the respective SFDC campaign member fields even though the fields are mapped in the Admin. I'd recommend you turn on the program - campaign sync and try.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

By looking at a similar question of yours on another thread, I believe what you're missing is syncing PMCF fields in Marketo with the campaign member fields in the SFDC. Check out this experience league product documentation on the same. W/o the PMCF and Campaign member fields mapped, you'd not see PMCF values syncing over to SFDC. Also, why do you have a wait step? Are you expecting Marketo to complete syncing lead data updates for existing people during that time? PMCF <-> Campaign member sync requires mapping (as directed in the above linked PMCF sync documentation) before they're synced b/w platforms.

kkeefer1313
Level 2

Hey Darshil! Good to see you in the community! So I do have the PMCF fields mapped. 

I prefer using the SFDC flow steps b/c the campaign member sync is glitchy for me. I've had this work before but unclear WHY it wouldn't stamp the campaign member values even if I'm using the flow step

Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 4.29.23 PM.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I prefer using the SFDC flow steps b/c the campaign member sync is glitchy for me. I've had this work before but unclear WHY it wouldn't stamp the campaign member values even if I'm using the flow step

Because that’s how the feature works. It depends on the Program ↔︎ Campaign sync.

Darshil_Shah1

Thank you, @kkeefer1313! 😊 

If everything is configured correctly, Marketo Program - SFDC Campaign sync is enabled (ideally, if that’s the case you shouldn’t be using SFDC flow steps to add people to campaign/change their campaign status), and the fields are mapped then you should ideally see the PMCF data updates getting synced over to the respective campaign member fields in SFDC. As Sandy says in the other thread linked above, the feature is set to work ONLY with the OOTB Marketo Program and SFDC campaign sync turned on, w/o it you won't see the PMCF updates syncing to the respective SFDC campaign member fields even though the fields are mapped in the Admin. I'd recommend you turn on the program - campaign sync and try.

derelict_wombat
Level 3

I know this is marked as solved but I found this thread very helpful to troubleshoot a problem I was having getting the PMCF setup. I think the official documentation needs to be updated highlight the fact that Program Member needs to be created FIRST before you add in the PMCF data in the flowstep. 

If the program member is already created and this action is just an update this isn't a problem but if you are collecting data on a first touch the order of operations is very important.