SOLVED

Cannot get 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' Activity Type using Get Activity Type Endpoint

Go to solution
asalud
Level 1

Cannot get 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' Activity Type using Get Activity Type Endpoint

I've been trying to get the 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' Activity type to get a specific activity from a lead. I checked the lead's activity log and it's there but I can't query it. Is there a limitation or a reason why I can't get this specific Activity Type?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Cannot get 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' Activity Type using Get Activity Type Endpoint

Ahh, yes - AFAIK the Sync Person Updates to SFDC activity specifically is not available to be queried via the GET endpoint/Marketo SL. Sync Person Updates to SFDC is logged upon automatic data sync b/w platforms when a synced person record is updated (and not due to execution of a Marketo flow step).

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Cannot get 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' Activity Type using Get Activity Type Endpoint

Some users create a custom Datetime field in SFDC that updates (using SFDC workflow/Apex) when the default SystemModStamp changes (or perhaps more selectively if you want).

Then you can detect changes to that field using, for example, the Get Lead Changes API.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

Is the activity you're trying to reference older than 90 days? FYR - SFDC sync activities are considered as a high volume activities, and hence they are not available to be queried by the Marketo SL filters past 90 days since the activity date. Even though the activity appears in the person activity logs, but still the SL filters referencing high-volume lead activities beyond their 90-day retention period will not have the activity to reference. You can however use the bulk extract REST API use to extract the older Sync to SFDC activity data.

asalud
Level 1

The activity is actually just yesterday. So its really impossible to get the Activity Type Id of 'Sync Person Updates to SFDC' using `/rest/v1/activities/types.json` endpoint? Or to even query the activity using the `/rest/v1/activities.json` endpoint?

Darshil_Shah1

Ahh, yes - AFAIK the Sync Person Updates to SFDC activity specifically is not available to be queried via the GET endpoint/Marketo SL. Sync Person Updates to SFDC is logged upon automatic data sync b/w platforms when a synced person record is updated (and not due to execution of a Marketo flow step).

asalud
Level 1

I see, Thanks for the response Darshil!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Some users create a custom Datetime field in SFDC that updates (using SFDC workflow/Apex) when the default SystemModStamp changes (or perhaps more selectively if you want).

Then you can detect changes to that field using, for example, the Get Lead Changes API.