SOLVED

Re: Can you use a string value for an email field or how can I convert string to an email type field?

Go to solution
Nancy_Rosentha4
Level 2

Can you use a string value for an email field or how can I convert string to an email type field?

We are trying to send an alert to multiple people, including a string token populated with an email and an alias email in the "Send Alert" flowstep.  I was wondering if there are any limitations?  Our alerts are not working and I suspect it is because the token is of type "String".  One of the tokens is populated with an email, BUT the field type is "STRING"... could this be the problem? Would this error make it so none of the emails in this list would be sent, or just the token one with the bad type?  Is there a way to convert this string field to an email type possibly in a separate field?

Nancy Rosenthal
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can you use a string value for an email field or how can I convert string to an email type field?

You can use a String field {{lead.token}} as an Alert recipient. The field doesn't have to have the Email datatype.

Are you sure you using a trigger campaign to call Send Alert? (That's a prerequisite to use {{.tokens}} as recipients.)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You can use a String field {{lead.token}} as an Alert recipient. The field doesn't have to have the Email datatype.

Are you sure you using a trigger campaign to call Send Alert? (That's a prerequisite to use {{.tokens}} as recipients.)

Nancy_Rosentha4
Level 2

turns out the alias that was created was not created with the ability to send from an external source... note to self, validate others work.  Thanks for your insight.

Nancy Rosenthal