I'm a Marketo newbie, and my company is rolling out an email campaign to match our soon-to-launch website redesign. I'm wondering if there's a way to add the same fonts we've used on the site to Marketo for use in emails and landing pages/forms. I searched, but nothing recent jumped out at me. Thanks for your help, nation!
What font are you looking to use?
For what it's worth - especially for emails, I would use the standard fonts. Custom fonts will display weird on different browsers and devices. It is probably a good idea to use your brand fonts in things like banners in the email, where it is an image, and then standard for the body copy.
I hate to be a party-pooper, but: while you can upload and use webfonts in emails, you really shouldn't upload them to Marketo. Several months back, Marketo changed their policy on cross-origin resource sharing to only support Marketo-hosted landing pages with webfonts. As such, using them to host email fonts isn't possible. I've just been using small web hosts for exclusively hosting fonts to get around this.
Now, if you're using a typeface that's already remotely hosted a la Google Fonts, you're fine, but when it comes to custom fonts, you'll need to store them elsewhere.
Are you sure? I'm getting CORS issues if I host the font on a different host but I uploaded the webfont (.woff) to Marketo and it renders just fine.
Steven, remember there are 3 areas where CORS comes into play:
To cover all 3 of these cases, the font must allow cross-origin requests from * (the wildcard domain). To cover the first 2, the header must allow the Marketo editor domain specifically, or allow *. In any case where the main document's origin is used to serve font assets as well, CORS is not necessary (though harmless to include).
If you're seeing CORS errors on a 3rd-party host, I'd suspect you haven't set the header appropriately.
I did assume btw that you were concentrating on LPs. Since you already have the fonts on your website you can deal with the CORS issue Courtney mentions from there.
Hi all, thanks for the input. We're actually using a Google Font; I didn't think about it already being hosted, so problem solved. Thanks all!