Re: Can you test Email Subject Lines at 10% of List first, then the rest with Winning subject line

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you test Email Subject Lines at 10% of List first, then the rest with Winning subject line

Is there a way to do a A/B split test with email subject lines, but for only 10-20% of the targeted audience from my smart list, then for the remaining portion of the list choose the winning subject line ?

5 REPLIES 5
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Re: Can you test Email Subject Lines at 10% of List first, then the rest with Winning subject line

Hi Dona,

Yes, you can and there are a few ways to do this. Are you using an Email program or a default program? The email program has the ability to add tests built into it natively, while with the default program you'll have to use a Random Sample.

Adam_Benitez1
Level 3

Hi, Dona.

You'll want to:
     1. Create an Email Program

2. Create your email and add to the Email section of the program

pastedImage_0.png

3. Click into the "Edit A/B Test" area you see in the lower, right corner of the above pic

4. You'll then see this, where you can determine your A/B test criteria and the percentage to test before declaring a winner

pastedImage_1.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for all your help everyone!! So just to confirm, I would need to wait atleast 4 hours before the winning subject line could be sent?

I usually send my emails at 6:30 am, does anyone have a best practice on how/when i could set up my test, so i can try to send my emails around the same time?

Keith_Nyberg2
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Dona,

Correct. You must wait 4 hours at a minimum (the only caveat is you must wait 24 hours if you would like to use Marketo's engagement score as your winner selection criteria). Our team typically tries to schedule tests 24 hours in advance so the email winner will still send at the time you defined.

Sincerely,

Keith Nyberg