Re: Can you put an email token in a Alert Flow Step?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you put an email token in a Alert Flow Step?

Can you put an email token in a Alert Flow Step?

11 REPLIES 11
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Meaning a Velocity token?  Nope, sorry.

Chris_Saporito
Level 9

Which token are you wanting to use? Best thing to do in these situations is to test it out. It's pretty simple to do and you will know almost instantly if it worked. But yes, we use tokens in quite a few of our flowsteps for different things.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Chris,

What I want to do is send a person who referred someone an email that their referree submitted a form? We have a custom email token for referral email. So I wondered if I put in the send other email in an alert step will the token populate.

SanfordWhiteman

If by "email token" you mean Custom field of datatype Email then yes, you can use this as a {{lead.token}}.

("Email token" isn't the right term for it, though... too ambiguous as it sounds like "Email Script Token.")

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks so much Sanford.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Sanford,

Here Token to view opportunity in SFDC

You said opps data would be accessible to send alerts via an email script. Or am I missing something?

I need to send an alert email to the opportunity owner, which for some reason (strange SFDC setup) isn't and most likely never will be the account or sales owner. Am I tilting at windmills?

SanfordWhiteman

You're kinda tilting, yes. The Oppty owner(s) is accessible within Velocity but not for choosing recipients.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to make sure I understand, Email Script tokens cannot be used in the "To Other Emails:".

Screen Shot 2018-04-23 at 1.53.20 PM.png

But {{Lead.Field}} can.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

It's also worth mentioning that lead tokens (email addresses) will only work in trigger campaigns when used in a "send alert" flow step (in the "to other emails" field):

Send Alert - Marketo Docs - Product Documentation

pastedImage_2.png

For batch campaigns, it needs to be hard-coded, without using a token