SOLVED

Can you add a status to an already existing program?

Go to solution
Becky_Miner
Level 3

Can you add a status to an already existing program?

For our webinars, I like the statuses provided by Marketo, but would like to add one more of "Not Interested" to allow anyone not interested in that specific webinar to move out of the flow of receiving any more emails.  Does anyone know if this is possible to add or if there is a workaround I should be using?  Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can you add a status to an already existing program?

Hey Becky,

Are you looking to just remove them from the flow or add another Program Status value? 

If the former, you can use the "Remove from Flow" flow step based on any criteria you want.

If the latter, then you will need to go to the Admin tab, click on Tags on the left side of the screen, expand the Channel tab, and double click on the Webinar tag. Within here, you can add statuses, but make sure it is in the right order because that does matter. Statuses cannot go backwards.

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Becky,

Are you looking to just remove them from the flow or add another Program Status value? 

If the former, you can use the "Remove from Flow" flow step based on any criteria you want.

If the latter, then you will need to go to the Admin tab, click on Tags on the left side of the screen, expand the Channel tab, and double click on the Webinar tag. Within here, you can add statuses, but make sure it is in the right order because that does matter. Statuses cannot go backwards.

Hope that helps!
Becky_Miner
Level 3

Hi, Jeff,

"Remove from Flow" sounds like a great solution.  I simply want to give leads an option when they receive the invitation to not receive any reminders to sign up if they aren't interested in a specific webinar. 

I have one smart campaign set up to send out up to 3 invitations for the webinar.  Does the "remove from flow" action get inserted into this smart campaign or should I create another one that listens for the activity that triggers this (i.e. the clicking on the "not interested" link)?  I'm not quite sure how to best proceed.

Thanks again for your help!
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

In addition to what Jeff said, if your program is synced to an SFDC campaign you may have to add that "not interested" status in there too. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

My pleasure!

The easiest way is to create a campaign to listen for the behavior; it will help keep things organized. Are the reminders in one flow with wait steps? Or do you have multiple campaigns, one for each reminder? You will need to make sure you capture all the flows if you have multiple campaigns.

So when they click the "not interested" link, where does that take them?
Becky_Miner
Level 3

When they click the link, it sends them to a landing page than thanks them for making us aware of their interest and has links to other resources we offer that may be of interest to them.

This is our first Webinar Program with Marketo.  During our implementation, it was recommended to do one smart campaign for the invitations that includes wait steps.  I'm just not sure how to "remove from flow" (the "then" of the statement) in the invitation smart campaign when there's no "if" statement there.  I'm wondering if it's better to create one campaign for the first email, another campaign for the second where it looks to see if their status is still "Invited" and they haven't clicked the link before sending the next.  That might be the best way to go, right?

Thanks again!
Becky_Miner
Level 3

I went with adding the Status in the Tags - Channels section.  The smart campaign solution of Remove from Flow wasn't working as nicely as I wanted it to.  Thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable

No worries, glad you got it figured out!