SOLVED

Can we send form submissions for a known group to TY Page 1 vs a default TY Page?

Go to solution
Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Can we send form submissions for a known group to TY Page 1 vs a default TY Page?

Is there a way to send a segment of known users to 1 variation of a TY Page as they have submit a form where we know their email is in a "approved list"?

Is there a javascript workaround that has been tested by the community?

Would appreciate any guidance or advice. I was looking through https://blog.teknkl.com/ but didn't see anything specific to this use case.

Similar use case could be real-time form validation against a known set of parameters (in this case, known emails).

Thanks,
Nav

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Can we send form submissions for a known group to TY Page 1 vs a default TY Page?

This is a variation of the Lead Lookup Form pattern and yes, it is possible. I just gave a presentation at our MUG that dipped into it. Check this post for the slides, which will go up today or tomw: NYMUG 1/23: Advanced Hacks for Marketo: the Resource Lead pattern, Lead Lookup forms, and more

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SanfordWhiteman

Re: Can we send form submissions for a known group to TY Page 1 vs a default TY Page?

This is a variation of the Lead Lookup Form pattern and yes, it is possible. I just gave a presentation at our MUG that dipped into it. Check this post for the slides, which will go up today or tomw: NYMUG 1/23: Advanced Hacks for Marketo: the Resource Lead pattern, Lead Lookup forms, and more

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Found the slides here - slides_marketo_mug_2019-01_live.zip (Post)

This is most excellent Sanford Whiteman!

Looking through this now. It would seem like I could validate/ check if they are in the list using the Lead LookUp Form Method? (From here - /slides_marketo_mug_2019-01_live/index.html#/22 and #23)

Is there a recording available or a demo page as well? Wanted to clarify if the Lead LookUp Authenticator & iFrame was tied to the KV HTML? Wasn't sure what the iFrame was referring to, or if you are adding one to the page?

I'm excited to give this a try. We had a php workaround we were using last year but I found that to be pretty clunky.

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Think I found my own answer. Looks like you're creating it .onSuccess?
form.onSuccess(function(vals, originalThankYouURL) {

thankYouIframe = document.createElement("iframe"),

Looks like I would want to use a custom field to indicate they're in the list and then use that to validate which TY page they are served.

SanfordWhiteman

Is there a recording available or a demo page as well?

There is a recording, but they're still working on it. Digitally erasing my mustache and whatnot.

Wanted to clarify if the Lead LookUp Authenticator & iFrame was tied to the KV HTML?

No, the KV HTML deep-dive and Lead Lookup form were 2 different topics.

There are 5 topics total:

• KV HTML required fields
  • KV HTML hidden field auto-fill
  • Lead Lookup Form
  • Lead Lookup Form w/Authentication
  • Resource Lead pattern
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There are some threads on this.

You can use the Form Settings Step 3 to do such a redirect. You can do that with JS or JQ as well.

Another option that may work is Dynamic Content on the TY page based on the Segmentation.

SanfordWhiteman

Another option that may work is Dynamic Content on the TY page based on the Segmentation.

(Association + segment won't be computed in time for the TY page to work.)

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Yeah, tried that last year and ended up going for some wonky php workaround. I recall you mentioning you had a blog post coming out around then on it but it wasn't ready in time for us last year. Hoping to revise our workflow somewhat for this year's campaign.

Nav_Singh1
Level 2

Haven't tried Form Settings Step 3 yet. Thanks I'll look into that.

Are you referencing using the Forms API here Josh? http://developers.marketo.com/javascript-api/forms/api-reference/

Using a snippet was a little too limited last time but I think that was because I was also allowing for a guest email and had to check both fields. Might see if it works especially where the email addresses in the segment will already be known users. To Sanford's point I don't think it always loads fast enough post-submit for the TY page to always be accurate which is why I didn't go this method last time.

SanfordWhiteman

To Sanford's point I don't think it always loads fast enough post-submit for the TY page to always be accurate which is why I didn't go this method last time.

It categorically doesn't work with segments. Period.

Now, if you really know every single email address ahead of time, you can Add Choice in the Thank You page options. But I find it hard to believe you'd want to change the form definition whenever the "approved list" changes.