SOLVED

Re: Can we capture e-signature using Marketo forms?

Go to solution
mnadig1
Level 1

Can we capture e-signature using Marketo forms?

I saw an old post (from 2017) regarding this which said Marketo is not PCI compliant hence cannot be used to capture e-signature. Has anything changed since then? Can we capture e-signature using a marketo form now?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

A binding e-signature would need to be generated by a service like SignNow, HelloSign, etc. You can store a pointer to the e-signature in Marketo and it’ll sync to your CRM.

This will work fine as long as you don’t lose the e-signature field — that is, as long as it’s filled in, you can present it as evidence that the form (“document” more broadly) was signed. If you should delete the e-signature... well, that’ll create a problem on your side, but it’s incumbent upon you to not delete it!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

The PCI part of “PCI DSS“ and e-signature are actually 2 different topics. I‘m not sure why someone would use the lack of (1) to say (2) isn’t allowed. (I didn’t make that connection myself in 2017, I hope!)

The DSS part of the “PCI DSS“ acronym is relevant, but it exists separate from PCI.

The principal requirements for e-signature

• a true signature (i.e. SHA-3 hash) to be generated for the form data — not just, say, a scanned or generated image of an ink/ink-like signature
  • the signer needs to be authenticated and non-repudiatable — that is, if it looks like “Sanford Whiteman” with a specific email address signed it, the human “Sanford Whiteman” cannot later say they had no connection to/awareness of the technology
  • the connection needs to be secured by SSL (although that’s really a subset of the 2nd bullet, since plaintext allows data to be tampered with)

What exactly are you trying to accomplish with a Marketo form and e-sig? Please provide deep details.

mnadig1
Level 1

We are trying to capture the reader's signature to "Yes, I have read the above contents". We need this signature to be stored in our CRM. 

SanfordWhiteman

A binding e-signature would need to be generated by a service like SignNow, HelloSign, etc. You can store a pointer to the e-signature in Marketo and it’ll sync to your CRM.

This will work fine as long as you don’t lose the e-signature field — that is, as long as it’s filled in, you can present it as evidence that the form (“document” more broadly) was signed. If you should delete the e-signature... well, that’ll create a problem on your side, but it’s incumbent upon you to not delete it!