Can't Center Images

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can't Center Images

I've tried clicking the image and centering it. It looks great! But when I send a sample, or when the actual email goes out, it isn't centered anymore. I've tried creating a table, putting the image in there, and centering THAT. It looks great! But when I send a sample, or when the actual email goes out, it isn't centered anymore. I've gone into the code and altered it directly as best I can to my knowledge. It looks great! But when I send a sample, or when the actual email goes out, it isn't centered anymore.

What am I missing? This has been on ongoing issue since the editor changed months ago, and I'm just at a loss.

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can't Center Images

Hi Amanda

I tried three pattern and these are work fine.

Cloud you show html source?

Screen Shot 2016-03-29 at 12.46.25.png

Ravi_Ansal2
Level 6

Hi Amanda Meuwissen​,

Use Style="text-align: center" in TD or P or Div

It will work for sure.

Thanks

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Ravi Ansal​ has it down.

It requires inline CSS style tag on whichever HTML element/tag your image is contained.

adding the parameter, style="text-align:center", should do the trick!

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I assume you're talking about centering in Outlook?  Remember that it likes its own version of CSS.

Consider these tricks: How do I center an image in Outlook?

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately I had to get much more technical and add:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
<tr>
<td align="center">
***Your Content***
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Which is what support was kind enough to supply for me, since nothing else worked. Worked in theory, looked great in preview, but didn't stick when I sent actual emails. This fix works, but that is ridiculous. Simply selecting to center an image in the email creator should CENTER the image, but it does not without custom coding now.