SOLVED

Re: Can't Add Default Program to Engagement Stream

Go to solution
michellechopin
Level 7 - Community Advisor

Can't Add Default Program to Engagement Stream

Happy Friday, Community Friends!

I'm not sure if I'm being dim or if I've done something wrong or if Marketo is being a jerk today. I've just set up a few more default programs to add to my existing/active Engagement Program and I can't add the program to the stream.

The email within the program is approved/active, the Skip Email Campaign is activated, the Send Email Campaign includes "Member of Engagement Program = {{This Nurture}}".

Here's a quick screenshot of the Default Program itself (which I cloned from the prior default programs so I knew all the details were going to be included): 

michellechopin_0-1699647456568.png

When I search for the Program in the stream, I only see the 6 programs that are already active in there:

michellechopin_1-1699647498172.png

What am I missing? I have tried deactivating the Trigger campaign and also turning the entire nurture off, but neither seems to get that Program to show. I hope it's user error and I'll roll my eyes at myself when I learn what the issue is 😋

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
michellechopin

Apparently, Marketo was being slow and now those programs are available to me in the Stream.

Must just be a Friday 😋

Happy weekend, all!

Michelle

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
michellechopin

Apparently, Marketo was being slow and now those programs are available to me in the Stream.

Must just be a Friday 😋

Happy weekend, all!

Michelle

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Glad you figured this out eventually! TBH, this is a bit strange; I've never experienced this with Engagement programs. It's usually best to wait for a few minutes (sometimes a few hours) in case one isn't able to select or see the asset/program/see the update.

michellechopin

I'd never experienced that either and I had left about 10-15 minutes between turning those campaigns on and trying to add them to the stream, so I was quite confused (and because I couldn't see anything different from other programs that were showing, nor remember that I had done anything different myself).

I would also love it if, like training videos, one could actually drag and drop emails or programs into the streams - that would make that process a little smoother (especially in a circumstance like this or one where there are a number of items to add back to back).

My colleague always says that, when you ask a question out loud, the answer comes to you, and I feel like this was one of those occasions (and a good thing to remember that sometimes, we might need a few hours for things to sort themselves out!).

Appreciate you acknowledging my post as always @Darshil_Shah1 😀

Michael_Florin
Level 10

I would also love it if, like training videos, one could actually drag and drop emails or programs into the streams

That feature existed once, but it was killed through a UI update not too long ago.

(I now could suggest to you to open an Idea here, but I've lost faith in the process, so I won't do it...)

michellechopin

@Michael_Florin I wondered as much given so many training videos include the functionality! Wonder why they removed it - even if it's not actively speeding up the process of adding content (for programs anyways; it would definitely make adding emails faster), I can't imagine keeping it would do/did any harm.

I can happily add it as an idea or support an existing one if others also want it - I'm with you on the lack of attention given to the Ideas but I'll still keep trying!

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Yeah, as @Michael_Florin said the drag-and-drop feature was removed with the introduction of the new next-gen user experience. Additionally, it would be nice if Marketo showed a message saying that the back-end process may take a while to complete for this asset/program to be used and referenced at other places (like the Engagement program stream).

Also, you are always welcome, and it is always a pleasure chatting/exchanging thoughts with you here.  🙂