Can I suppress the email de-dupe for a campaign?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can I suppress the email de-dupe for a campaign?

OK, heresy, I know...but for one of the campaigns we're running, it would actually be really helpful to block the dedupe so that we can send multiple emails (with different dynamic content) to the same email address.  Our use case is that the same contact is associated with multiple accounts, so when we send account-specific emails, it will frequently need to go to the same contact but it's only pulling the dynamic content from one of the accounts when we would want to send a separate email for each account.

Does that make any sense, and is there a way to do this in Marketo?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Can I suppress the email de-dupe for a campaign?

Do you have duplicate contacts with the same email and each has a different association to an Account? I do not believe a single Contact can be assoc with multiple Accounts.

You would likely have to run the lead in different Segments and run separate campaign flows that qualify each Contact separately. An email address will only be sent to an address once, even if all 50 qualify for the same campaign. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I suppress the email de-dupe for a campaign?

Yes, we have duplicate contacts with the same email address associated with different accounts. We'd like to build out the campaign so that we can send the same email to the same contact, but with different dynamic content based on the account associated.  Can you tell me a little more about how segments might help us do that, or is there another way?

Thanks!